Business Data List Connector
The Layer2 Business Data List Connector for SharePoint solves many issues that still exist with the SharePoint out-of-the-box external data integration. It makes it simple to connect native SharePoint lists to almost any external data source, codelessly and two-way, if required. All native SharePoint list features are available for the connected lists, including search, managed metadata, lookups, offline and mobile access, change notifications, and workflows.
Layer2 Business Data List Connector for SharePoint is currently not available for SharePoint Online.
Features & Benefits
The Layer2 Business Data List Connector (BDLC) integrates almost any external data source directly with native SharePoint 2007/2010/2013 lists:
- No programming or tools required - 100% SharePoint-based, codeless, browser-based solution. Connection setup within minutes. Just click “Connect to external data source” in the SharePoint list settings dialog.
- Every admin can setup BDLC on his own - Simply select connection provider, enter connection string and data query, and optionally primary keys.
- Connected data is always up-to-date - Data synchronization manually on demand or automatically in background using timer jobs with flexible settings for scheduling.
- Almost any data source supported - ODBC, OLEDB, OData, ADO.NET-based providers, files (Excel, XML, CSV), SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL, IBM DB2, IBM AS/400, Informix, SharePoint, Exchange, Office 365, Active Directory, Navision, Notes, SAP, other ERP /CRM/CMS systems, XML Web Requests, RSS, etc.
- Data Providers Supported - Data Provider for OData, CSOM, XML/RSS included. Many cloud services can be connected via 3rd party.
- Optional bi-directional connection - Optional use of write-back to data sources feature with bi-directional connections, full CRUD.
- Known SharePoint BDC / BCS issues completely solved - All SharePoint list features available.
- Workflows and Notifications - Start workflows or send RSS / email notifications with SharePoint on data change in your external corporate LOB data.
- Additional columns - Add additional “SharePoint-only” columns, e.g. for ranking, rating, tagging, comments or file attachments. Take external data offline.
- Any type of list can be used - Contacts, tasks, events, links, custom lists etc.
- Save Cost - Save license costs for your LOB systems while using connected SharePoint lists to expose the data.
- Free Shareware Edition available - Just register, download and use with limitations. Click here to contact us.
- License - € 749 per SharePoint server (WFE and Application Servers)
- Optional Annual Software Assurance - The optional annual Software Assurance fee is equivalent to 20% of the license cost.